Carlos Wall is a graduate of the University of Virginia and the George Mason University School of Law. Carlos has extensive experience in Virginia courts including representation of clients before the Virginia Supreme Court. He has represented hundreds of individuals charged with misdemeanor and felony offenses, and he brings considerable trial and post-trial experience to the firm. In addition to representing clients from the general community, Carlos is one of the few attorneys in the area who has been chosen to represent police officers by the Police Benevolent Association. In that capacity, Carlos has represented numerous police officers in various criminal investigations as well as active criminal cases throughout Northern Virginia. Carlos’s effective representation of people in the community, as well as local police officers, has given him the respect of the local prosecutor’s offices and the local bench. Carlos looks forward to using that experience to help you with your case.
Prior to becoming a partner at The Gordon Law Firm, PC, Carlos was an associate with Devine, Connell, and Sheldon LLC and served the community as an Assistant Public Defender in Fairfax County. In his previous employment, Mr. Wall was part of a team that defended several high-profile individuals, including Paul Powell, Larry Gooch, and John Allen Muhammad.
Carlos is also experienced in immigration law and post-conviction remedies, including appeals, habeas corpus, pardons, restoration of rights petitions, and other extraordinary writs. Carlos also handles the firm’s civil caseload, which includes Personal Injury cases, Medical Malpractice cases, Domestic matters, and Expungements. Carlos was born in El Salvador and he has lived in various countries including Peru, Kenya, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and the Ivory Coast. Carlos is fluent in Spanish.
Areas of practice
- Kozmina v Commonwealth, 281 Va. 347 (Va. 2011)
- Muhammad v. Kelly, 575 F.3d 359 (4th Cir. 2009)
- Muhammad v. Kelly, 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 73691 (E.D. Va., Sept. 24, 2008)
- Parker v. Commonwealth, 654 S.E.2d 580 (Va. 2008)
- Powell v. Kelly, 562 F.3d 656 (4th Cir. 2009)
- Powell v. Kelly, 531 F.Supp. 2d 695 (E.D. Va., 2008)
- Dowdy v. Commonwealth, 686 S.E.2d 710 (Va. 2009)
- Powell v. Warden, 272 Va. 217 (2006)
- The Protective Sweep Doctrine or the Profiling Sweep Doctrine? An Analysis of Eighth Circuit
- Jurisprudence on the Protective Sweep Doctrine after United States v. Cash, 16 GEO. MASON U. CIV. RTS. L. J. 115 (2005)
- Virginia, 2006
- University of Virginia, B.A.
- George Mason University
School of Law, J.D.
Schedule a FREE Consultation Today!
If you are facing criminal charges in Northern Virginia, call the Gordon Law Firm, PC, now at 703-218-8416 or complete the form on this page for a free consultation to learn more about how we can help you achieve the best outcome and get started on your second chance. We welcome clients from across Northern Virginia, including Fairfax County, Loudoun County, Arlington, Alexandria, and Prince William County.